My Curriculum Vitae
- Position: Research Fellow, Institute of Cardiovascular Science, University College London, UK
- Address: 132 Hampstead Rd, NW12PS, London, UK
- e‐mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2015/03 – present: Marie-Curie Research Fellow at the Institute of Cardiovascular Science, University College London, London, United Kingdom.
- 2015/06 – present: Honorary appointment at the Barts Heart Centre, London, United Kingdom.
- 2012/09 – 2014/09: Honorary appointment at the Heart Hospital, University College London Hospital, London, United Kingdom.
- 2012/07 – 2015/03: Research Associate at the Institute of Cardiovascular Science, University College London, London, United Kingdom.
- 2010/07 – 2012/07: Research Assistant, University of Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain
- 2012/03 : Joint Ph.D. Biomed Eng at University of Zaragoza, Spain and Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- 2011/10 – 2012/02: Visiting student. Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- 2010/05 – 2010/09: Visiting student. Laboratoire de Physique, Ecole Normale Superieure, Lyon, France
- 2007/10 – 2008/04: Visiting student. Barcelona Tech, Spain.
- 2006/12: M.Sc. Biomedical Engineering, Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy
- 2006/12: Engineer degree, École Centrale Paris, Paris, France
Main Research Interest
- Biomedical signal processing: Non-stationary signal processing, multivariate time-frequency analysis, point process modelling, multivariate autoregressive models.
- Medical devices: Optical technologies for the assessment of hemodynamic and cardiovascular control.
- Cardiovascular system: Dynamic cardio-vascular-respiratory interactions, blood pressure, heart rate variability, autonomic nervous system, cardiac repolarization instability.
- Cardiovascular signals: Intracardiac electrograms, ECG, blood pressure, respiration, photopletismogram.
- Electrophysiology: Mechano-electric interactions, arrhythmia mechanisms, repolarization alternans.
Grants and main projects
- MRC Research Grant, “The genetic architecture of heart rate and the electrocardiogram at rest and during exercise”, 2016-2018 (Co-Investigator).
- Intra-European Fellowships for career development (IEF) – Marie Curie Actions, 2016-2017 (Research fellow).
- International Exchanges Scheme, Royal Society 2015-2016 (Co-investigator).
- PhD Studentship. Program in Medical Device Innovation, UCL, studentship for PhD student, 2014-2018 (Co-Investigator).
- PhD Studentship. Biomedical engineering doctoral training at of Zaragoza, 2008-2012 (Beneficiary)
- PhD Studentship. Biomedical engineering doctoral training at Politecnico di Milano, Italy, 2007-2010 (Beneficiary).
Main Publications (Journal papers)
Tutoring and Supervision
- 2015: Co-supervisor of MSc thesis in Biomedical Engineering, Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy (Benedetta Della Torre, visiting student at UCL).
- 2014-present: Second Supervisor of MRes + PhD in Medical Device Innovation, Institute of Biomedical Engineering, University College London (Tudor Besleaga).
- 2014: Co-supervisor of MSc thesis in Biomedical Engineering, Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy (Claudio Blasi, visiting student at UCL).
- 2010: Co-supervisor of MSc thesis in Telecommunication Engineering, University of Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain (Eva Cirugeda)
- 2015: Multivariate Time-Frequency Analysis, Invited seminar, University of Porto, Portugal (5h).
- 2011-2012: Cardiovascular system and control, MSc in biomedical engineering, University of Zaragoza, Spain (15h)
- 2011-2012: Signals and Systems (labs), Telecommunication Engineering, University of Zaragoza, Spain (40h)
- 2010-2011: Communication laboratory (labs), Telecommunication Engineering, University of Zaragoza, Spain (60h)
Presentations in International Conferences
- Reviewer of scientific Journals: IEEE Trans on Biomed Eng (4), Digital Signal Processing (7), Medical & Biological Engineering & Computing (4), Physiological Measurement (1), Journal of Electrocardiology (1), Acta Physiologica (1), Circulation: Arrhythmia and Electrophysiology (1), IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics (1), International Journal of Psychophysiology (1), proceedings of IEEE Eng Med and Biol Society Conference (>10).
- Chair of sessions in international conferences: Computing in Cardiology (1).
- Member of the working group “e-cardiology” of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC)
- Marathon runner (6 42K, best time 2h44’)
Italian (native), English (fluent), Spanish (fluent), French (fluent)